What to know before you go:
- A gem nestled just 24 kms short of Manali in the Raison region of the Kullu Valley
- A heritage homestay/farmstay in the middle of an apple/plum orchard
- Experience picking fruit and vegetables and herbs that grow on the property and learn and help in the different processes of running a farm
- There are waterfalls around also one can take a five-minute walk to the river
- Lovely fire-lit drawing room or surrendering yourself to nature on the sun-splashed verandah and garden
- Activities include FromRafting to Trout - Fishing,Paragliding, Mountain Bicycling,Trekking & Hiking
- Drive trips in and around the Valley/ Picnics by the river
- Gourmet Meals made fresh with ingredients picked from the organic herb and vegetable gardens or procured from the village
About the property:
The Lal Kothi is a hidden gem nestled just 24 kms short of Manali in the Raison region of the Kullu Valley, away from the madding crowds and offering the best of Himachal Pradesh in a pure and serene environment. Lal Kothi is a retreat, at once elegant and discreet, with some of the most gorgeous mountain views. Built in 1941, the inheritors of the property have taken care to preserve the “kat-kooni” himachali style of architecture, including the 20” thick stone and mud construction.
The accommodation has four luxurious independent bedrooms, where the mood is stylishly old-world and leisurely. All the rooms have antique flooring, reclaimed antique furniture, and offer views of surrounding fruit tree orchards. Flowers, birds and butterflies are aplenty. Lal kothi welcomes you to its breezy, sunny, open spaces, and its exquisitely designed, sumptuously welcoming interiors. We look forward to having you enjoy the neighboring waterfalls or take a five-minute walk to the river. Whether cosily ensconced in the lovely fire-lit drawing room or surrendering yourself to nature on the sun-splashed verandah and garden, you can feast your eyes on the lush greenery, the clear blue skies and the majesty of the surrounding mountains.
From 1400 hours
Untill 1200 hours
The Lal Kothi is just 24 kms short of Manali in the Raison region of the Kullu Valley.